Holy Ghost Church Committees
- Liturgy Committee – In collaboration with the Pastor and his assistant, liturgies are planned.
- Special Ministers of the Eucharist – Parishioners assist in distributing the Eucharist at Masses and take Communion to parish members that are home bound, in nursing homes or in hospitals.
- Lectors/Commentators – Proclaim the Word at daily and weekend Masses. Copies of the readings and commentaries are provided. Training is provided.
- Altar Servers – Students assist at the weekend Masses. Adults serve at the morning Masses and at funerals. Training is provided.
- Choir – The choir sings at the 10:00 AM Mass each Sunday from September through June. They also enhance the liturgies for all major Holy Day celebrations. The choir rehearses on Thursday evenings from 7:15 PM to 9:00 PM. All are encouraged to participate. Reading music is not a requirement and there is no audition.
- Ushers – Seat parishioners and visitors and take up the collection at Masses.
- Greeters – Welcome parishioners and visitors to the church and distribute the bulletin.
- Parish Prayer List– Anyone in need of prayers for a special intention, sickness, emergency, grief support, medical problem, family problem, job loss, etc. can have the prayers of many people of our parish praying for them. With a phone call to the Rectory, their name will be placed on our prayer list.
- Religious Education Classes for Students– C.C.D. religious education for students in grades 1 through 8 attending non-catholic school is held on Sunday morning from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM (September to May) in Msgr. Loeper Memorial Hall.
Social Activities Committees
- Parish Social Committee — The Parish Activities Committee plans and coordinates various fundraising activities throughout the year. New members are always welcome.
- Prime Time Seniors – Membership is open to parishioners and non-parishioners age 55 and older. This group meets the first and third Monday of each month at 1:00 PM in Msgr. Billinger Hall. A brief meeting is held, followed by refreshments, games, BINGO, entertainment or other activity.
- Noodle Makers – Participants gather at 8:45 AM in Msgr. Billinger Hall on the second and fourth Monday of each month. No experience is necessary. Training is provided.
- Pierogie Makers– Pierogies are made several times a year. No experience is necessary. Training is provided. Assistance is needed with organizing order requests, making and bagging the pierogies, preparing orders for pick-up and helping with clean-up.
Parish Outreach Committees
- Welcoming Committee – Individual contact with new parishioners is made to provide them with information about the parish and activities available.
- Bereavement Ministry – A parish out-reach program to assist those who are experiencing the loss of a loved one. Participants are trained through the Diocese.
Kitchen and Social Hall
- Food Preparation for Special Events – Volunteers help prepare food for special occasions.
- Kitchen Helpers – Parishioners assist in serving food and help clean up at special events.
- Pastry Makers –Volunteers are asked to bake for church events.
Building and Grounds
- Church Clean Team –Parishioners assist in the cleaning of the church.
- Garden Club –Volunteers help plant and maintain the flowers beds on parish grounds.